Old 12-09-2004, 03:35 AM
andr0meda

Many thanks, Liza!
I think you just answered my initial enquiry.
I will check the product out and I believe I can get it shipped to me if
not available in shops.
I plantd 22 silverbeet seedlings yesterday and found a few more worms while
doing so...good stuff!
Thanks again,
Regards,
Andr0

"Kirsty" wrote in message news:41402b51@tyson...
Andro,

There are any number of chemicals in dishwashing detergent/washing

machine
detergent/soaps/etc etc and as there is no feasible way for you to know

what
those chemical residues will be doing to the soil/microbes/worms and
critters in your soil, it would be most advantageous not to use them.

However, we want to use our grey water on our gardens. It makes sense in
Australia. There are products on the market that can be used and are

'safe'
as such, for critters.

http://www.enviroqld.com/index2.htm

I was advised that the above product is excellent 'chemical' wise, in
comparison to other 'earth friendly' products. I purchase it from my local
organic shop. Contact them and ask where you can find it local to you.

Liza

"andr0meda" wrote in message
I will try to be brief. I know my sense of humour is not always

appreciated.
On the Gold Coast, we are urged to save water.
What do you think about using dirty dishwater (including some detergent)

water plants?
My friend reckons, detergent chases worms way. Is that true? If it is,

than
maybe it is still OK to use the 'dishwater' to water plants in

containers,
where worms are not welcome anyway?
Regards,
Andr0