Old 12-09-2004, 05:22 AM
Crashj

"Nedra" topposts so I will too: in message
hlink.net...
I understand the humor, but there was a reason for my comment. A
pregnant female mammal will produce offspring without further male
intervention. That is not the case with a gravid [is that the word I
seek?] goldfish. If she is alone she will not produce offspring.
A fish from the live bearing group can have a fat belly and produce
fry without a male in the tank.
"Bun in your oven, Miss?"
--
Crashj who was probably just being a /pendant/ anyway.

Crashj - you gotta read between the lines here. Pregnant = full of eggs
;-)

Nedra

"Crashj" wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 09:47:03 -0400, "kc"
wrote:
Hi, I was so excited when I bought my last goldfish--she had a big belly

and
the guy at Pikes said she was probably pregnant.

Pregnant? Now I'm puzzled, I thought goldfish spawned? I know my
swords and mollies and guppies are live bearers, but I thought
goldfish are egg layers?
--
Crashj