Old 12-09-2004, 08:10 AM
Chookie

Default An attempt to prime the apc pump

I've been lurking here for quite a while, and thought I'd introduce myself
(though gardenlen will recognise me from aus.gardens). I live in the middle
of Sydney on an 822 sq m suburban block and have been heading vaguely in the
direction of pc for years. Given the recent burst of posts, I thought I'd try
to get a bit more discussion going, so here are a few questions for you all.

What aspect of permaculture first caught your interest?

For me it was the systematic way of thinking about your inputs and outputs --
it's really "gardening for engineers" in some ways!

What permaculture technique have you found most helpful?

The Zone concept has kept me planning my garden rationally/realistically
rather than on the basis of what's picturesque!

What is stopping you from being more "permacultural"?

My beloved husband has many good points, but a love of animal husbandry is not
among them. He isn't keen on having backyard fowl, which would add nutrition
to the soil, help me with weeding and snail control, and eat more scraps than
our two guinea pigs. The kikuyu lawn is also hard to control, so I use snail
bait and Roundup where needed.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet