Old 12-09-2004, 02:31 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Newbie Help Please

In a message dated 9/12/2004 2:29:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

I have a Chinese Elm (Zelkova), I have had this about 4 weeks and now the
leaves are turning yellow and dropping what am I doing wrong?

I have been immersion watering everyother day and spraying the leaves top of
the soil alternate days?

Am I killing my tree??

From other posts I have the impression that you are keeping this tree
indoors in the UK. You are overwatering. Use a meat skewer in the soil and
only water when the skewer comes out dry. Give the tree as much light as
possible and it will be happier outdoors until the temperature is below freezing at
night.
Depending upon where this tree was purchased it may have already been over
watered and the decline well on its way before it came to you.
I don't think the leaf loss and/or yellowing is due to fall conditions yet,
even in the UK and especially indoors.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --