Old 12-09-2004, 02:19 PM
Ray

While I really do appreciate the good word, I find it hard to imagine that
your spikes and blooms have anything whatsoever to do with switching to S/H
culture. Seems to me that the chemical changes occurring in the plants to
begin the blooming process happens at least six- to eight weeks before we
see any response.

At least they didn't sustain a "shock" upon repotting.

..
"RPM1" wrote in message
More than half of my 30 orchids (assorted types) are either
blooming or are setting spike! Every day I check the plants
and I find another one spiking. Even a rescue paph which I
thought would sulk for at least a year if it made it thru the root
rot! Maybe it's just coincidence and the plants were already
poised to bloom or maybe the SH gave that little extra incentive
that they needed. Either way, I'll take it. I certainly don't have
any complaints about SH at this point. :-)

Thanks again, Ray!

I'm watering weekly weakly with Dyna-Gro alternating between
Bloom & Grow. I've skipped the monthly clear water flushes.

Ruth CM