Old 09-09-2004, 10:19 PM
RP

No, they're not Whirligigs. I've only seen them underwater. Two weeks ago
I saw one swim into a plant pot, I removed the pot, but never could find
the little guy. Last week I removed a few of the iris plants because of
the hurricane. When it was time to put them back in the pond, I caught
two of them in the holding tank. One approx. 1/4" the other was very
small, probably 1/8". From what I've found online they appear to be water
scavenger beetles, maybe burrowing water beetles.

Still not sure how to get rid of them.

Thanx for the help,

Rob P.

EROSPAM (Ka30P) wrote in news:20040909165541.04845.00003103
@mb-m24.aol.com:

Do they swim in circles like demented bumper
cars?

kathy :-)
algae primer