Old 12-09-2004, 05:38 PM
Toby

Thank you for the links to tomato diseases. I couldnt find one with
similar symptoms. I dont believe that anthracnose is the cause because
only green tomatoes are affected. The rotten spots are not depressed.
They begin on the blossom end of the fruit and then expand till the
whole fruit is rotten. No tomatoes on the first couple of trusses have
been affected.

Toby

(MLEBLANCA) wrote in message ...
but with these tomatoes there are one or more soft round spots that
stay green and then go lightish gray with little brown dots in them
and the tomatoes go all bad and start to drop off before they ripen.

Toby

Bloosom End Rot occurs on the blossom end of the fruit.
What you have described could be anthracnose.

Look at the UCDavis website:

www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/

click on "agriculture and floriculture"

There will be a list of crops, so select
'tomatoes' and there will be a list of
diseases. Select anthracnose.
(the photo shows roots) so read
the symptoms to see if they fit your problem.
You might also check Bacterial Spot.

Emilie
NorCal