Old 12-09-2004, 05:09 PM
Kenni Judd

Diana: Glad to hear you are safe and mostly sound G. We, too, had both
eyewalls; we were in the eye for about 4 hours, from a little after midnight
till about 4:30 am. Clearly, Frances was a huge storm! [For those of you
less familiar with Florida geography, we are about 50-60 miles south of
Diana.] Most of our damage looks to have come from the eastern eyewall.

Juno Beach Orchids is up and running, and we are very busy thanking our
lucky stars. Our two small open-air shadehouses were badly damaged, but our
big shadehouses held up extremely well, so our crop is fine. We will have
to replace the roof on at least one bay, where one corner ripped out. Most
of the other stuff that came down was slated for removal anyway -- the
bougainvillea arbor, the frame of the old pumphouse, a big pine tree that
was in the way. Another tree that came down missed our show trailer by
about 6" ... Our power came back on Monday morning. Phones and cable/ISP
were just restored late yesterday. So all we need is for a whole bunch of
you to buy some orchids, so we can pay for repairs G.

Bill Hill at Orchid Island Orchids has much more extensive damage, still has
no power, and can call out but not receive on his phone. He wouldn't ask
even if he could, but he could use some help, if there's a strong back in
his neighborhood willing to give him a hand. His address is 4745 61st.
Court; Vero Beach, fl 32967 -- you'll have to just show up, since you can't
reach him by phone or email.

I've spoken to Faith and she says they are OK. I don't know about Odom's or
Palm Bay.
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Dear RGO Friends -

There is so much more to write, and I have no time! Damage locally is
nasty, but I think most everyone here is whole, but I don't yet know about
the local growers. Odom's and Kenni Judd are two that I am thinking

about,
but have not been able to reach either just yet. Also Bill Hill at Orchid
Island, and Faith's, and Palm Bay. Many others. Promise to write more.

Dumb broken finger has been low on the local medical toem pole. Have an
appt. on Tues. with an orthopaedist. If he wants to rebreak it we're

going
to fight.......

Frank says "Hi, Orchid Fiends!"

Diana