Old 12-09-2004, 08:55 PM
wendy7

Hi Norma, Not sure but we have had other people with this same
problem & I lost my whole collection of phals & had tried all sorts
of sprays.
If I were you, I would get some fresh pots & potting mix,
wash everything down with a bleach & water solution.
Spray or soak plants with Physan before repotting. You could
also try cinnamon on any cut leaves & be careful to use sterile
cutting tools. If its a virus it will spread by using the same
cutters etc.
Good luck.

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Nell wrote:
I cut three very sad-looking leaves off my phal yesterday after months
of watching it go from bad to worse. See picture of the leaves in a
post with the same subject line in alt.binaries.pictures.orchids.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is? I can't find any creepy
crawlies of any sort. The plant has just produced one brand-new, green
and shiny leaf but it didn't flower this year. Not surprising.

I've already lost one phal to a similar problem and I see the
tell-tale dark and light areas showing up on other phals.

Any help gratefully accepted.
Norma