Old 12-09-2004, 08:52 PM
Stephen Howard

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:44:22 GMT, "Andy Hunt"
wrote:

The base is concrete, but on a slight slope which will obviously help the
drainage. Also, the walls are 'dry stone walls' with no cement in between
the bricks, which should help the drainage too.

In which case you might suffer from over-drainage!

I s'pose I could always put some cement in the gaps if there's too much
drainage. Have to see how it goes.

Sounds like a top idea!
snip

Just done a Google search for enviromesh - first time I've heard of it.
Looks like top stuff - I get lots of slugs and snails which hopefully it
would keep off too. Had horrendous problems with them this year, what with
the monsoon weather. Might have to be a beer moat otherwise!

Fleece can be a bit of a double-edged sword in that unless it's easy
to lift off the crops, any pests trapped underneath it could have a
field day!
With a dry stone wall, the slugs and snails are simply going to find
the holes!
With a bit of judicial "hunt 'n peck" pest control I think you'll not
have too many worries with slugs and snails.

Like the sound of a beer moat though!

Cheers,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk