Old 13-09-2004, 12:15 AM
Lostin1999

"W Dale" wrote in message
Is that normal??? I touched my UV 3's transformer and was surprised by how
hot it was. What is the life expectancy of the transformer if they run this
hot?
Thanks for any input and information
W. Dale

cant answer your question..

mines 4 years old (only bulb replaced each year (and a clean)) what ive done
is put mine vertical so it uses the heat of the transformer to reduce risk
of freezing in the winter (only get mild frosts here, very sheltered, and
its run last 3 winters without problems) its only being replaced because i
overtightened a screw when changing bulb this year and sheered it off...

Lost