Old 13-09-2004, 09:11 AM
Kay

In article , Sacha
writes
On 12/9/04 20:54, in article ,
"Stephen Howard" wrote:

snip

Yes.. it grows on Elder true..the legend being that this is the tree
that Judas hung himself from.
Needs a bit of preparation to make it palatable though.

I thought the Judas tree to be Cercis siquiliastrum, though given its full
grown height, Judas must have been *very* short if he hanged himself from
one of those!

12m? OK, a large proportion of that won't have boughs strong enough, but
even so, that leaves enough for a good hanging.

I looked it up, because my father's tree was certainly quite large
before it finally died.
--
Kay