Old 13-09-2004, 10:34 AM
David W.E. Roberts

Default Which come first, the ripeness or the slug?

Hi,

struggling to get my outdoor pot grown tomatoes to ripen this year (apart
from the cherry tomatoes which are doing fine).

Each time I see a ripe tomato and pick it, I find that it has been 'got at'.

I am now pondering if the tomatoes are attacked just as they ripen, or if
the damage causes them to ripen more quickly.

No need to water them today, although I will need to right the ones which
have blown over once the wind eases.

My mini-greenhouse (plastic bag over a frame style) has just blown right off
my pepper plant, which seems to be doing better than the peppers growing out
on the patio.

What a nasty day :-(

Cheers
Dave R