Old 13-09-2004, 01:10 PM
danny

I've never seen any description for it other than raspberry, which is what
it smells like to me. Some clones hardly smell at all, and others are quite
fragrant. I guess it's possible there could be some different variety of
malipoense with a different fragrance. With some species it is quite common
for different people to smell different things, I guess some of us are more
sensitive to certain compounds. I think there was a discussion some time
ago about this and Oncidium ornithorynchum was one of the plants where
people disagreed on the fragrance.

-danny