Old 06-09-2004, 06:39 PM
Susan Erickson

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 17:24:43 GMT, "GARLAND HANSON"
wrote:

I'll be using 48" tubes. The fixtures and tubes seem to be plentiful at
Home Depot and Lowes. I'd like to have lighting that is effective, quiet,
and economical. Can I have all three???

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I'll post a photo of my setup when
it is complete.

Garland
Midlothian, VA

Most of us that have used the HD fixtures pick CHEAP. CHEAP
fixtures and Cheap bulbs. So it is generally 2 2-bulb fixtures
per shelf. The effect of 4 lamps. Within a hand span of the
leaves. Ray has an article about light on plants and the drop
off of effectiveness caused by distance. www.FirstRays.com in
his free stuff. I always thought 12 hours was it, but I have
recently heard from a speaker who had gone from outdoor to indoor
and due to less light used longer hours. It worked for her.

We would love to see your set up posted to ABPO. Remember no pix
on RGO.

Good Luck.
SuE