Old 13-09-2004, 04:05 PM
zxcvbob

Rob wrote:
"zxcvbob" wrote in message

Rob wrote:

yes, yes, i like to learn to do things myself though if it's reasonable
to do so before just picking up a phone and writing a check.

If you really gotta kill 'em, use just about any insecticide dust or
powder (not granules), and toss a goodly pinch in the hole. (best to do it
in the evening) Sevin dust ought to work well, but it's not always a good
choice because it stains.

Bob

thanks, i have no choice, they are chasing me and my pregnant wife whenever
we come in
and out of the house and have already stung the downstairs neighbor. i've
called a bunch
of exterminators and they're all quoting me $175-$250 since the nest isn't
visable (who the
heck would call for a visable nest when Raid is $5 a can). I'll see if I
can find a place with
Sevin dust and give it a shot myself.

You don't need much poison at all, but you do need to get it all over
the place up there so if you miss the nest (and you probably will) the
wasps will walk through the powder on their way in and out and get it on
thier feet. You want something that doesn't act too fast; the YJ's will
track it into the nest and poison the whole hive when grooming.

Good luck, and best regards,
Bob