Old 13-09-2004, 07:57 PM
S. M. Henning

willshak wrote:

In the manual for the John Deere OMM149664, Issue L3 Lawn Tractors
LX280, LX280AWS, and LX289 PIN, automatic transmission tractors it
specifically says:

"Do not use cruise control when going down hills. Machine speed will
increase."

Wrong. My Murray hydrostatic drive will go into a braking mode when I
lift my foot off the pedal going downhill.

Are you saying that John Deere manual does not describe operation of
Murray tractors? You are correct. But I doubt that John Deere is
wrong, they are talking about their own tractors.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman