Old 13-09-2004, 08:08 PM
willshak

S. M. Henning wrote:

willshak wrote:

In the manual for the John Deere OMM149664, Issue L3 Lawn Tractors
LX280, LX280AWS, and LX289 PIN, automatic transmission tractors it
specifically says:

"Do not use cruise control when going down hills. Machine speed will
increase."

Wrong. My Murray hydrostatic drive will go into a braking mode when I
lift my foot off the pedal going downhill.

Are you saying that John Deere manual does not describe operation of
Murray tractors? You are correct. But I doubt that John Deere is
wrong, they are talking about their own tractors.

I'm sorry. I was referring to hydrostatic operation while going
downhill. My comment was not about cruise control (which I do not have),
but about hydrostatic operation when going downhill. But you would know
much better about hydrostatic transmissions and cruise control since you
own neither. I deleted that message and composed another, if you would
care to comment on that one.