Old 13-09-2004, 09:11 PM
willshak

Roy wrote:

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 11:22:03 -0400, "S. M. Henning"
wrote:

(Roy) wrote:
===
=== There is absolutely no
=== advantage a gear drive in a L & G tractor has over a hydro
=== drive.........hands down its the better , no, BEST way to go.....
===
===In the manual for the John Deere OMM149664, Issue L3 Lawn Tractors
===LX280, LX280AWS, and LX289 PIN, automatic transmission tractors it
===specifically says:
===
==="Do not use cruise control when going down hills. Machine speed will
===increase."
===
===That means you have to keep your foot on the "forward pedal" like a
===throttle when going down hills.
===
===With a gear-shift transmission you go up and down hill without touching
===any levers or pedals. Their speed doesn't increase going down hills.
===They are much safer.

What the hell does cruise control have to do with a hydrostatic being
worse or better than a gear model......seems like your grabing staws
that are totally irrevelant to the original posts concerning the
hydrostatic drives............

Methinks that Hemmings knowledge of lawn tractors is limited to those
which he owns, as well as as the lawns of which he is familiar with.
There can be no other variations.

And I suppose a manual shift tranny with cruise will not gain any
additional speed either.....duh!
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.