Old 13-09-2004, 08:23 PM
GrlIntrpted

Does no one else grow Catasetums on this board?

"GrlIntrpted" wrote in message
. net...
I posted two photos of a Catasetum pileatum in ABPO under same subject

line.
As you can see, the leaves are yellowing. The second photo is of the
surface of the plant to show that the roots are looking well, and that the
bulbs are nice and on the plump side. My questions a

I- Is it this time of the year when the ctsm's start to shed leaves? if

so,
is this when I stop watering it completely?
II- It stayed pretty much in full sun all summer, and took it very well,

the
leaves were green up until Friday of last week. If I keep it in darker
conditions now, withold water until new growth appears, give it a drop of
about 10 to 15F at night, and about 74F during the day, from now until
spring
A: When can I approximately expect it to send out a spike?
B: Will it produce male flowers?

III- And if it's not that time of the year, then can someone clue me in as
to what's going on with this orchid?

Very thankful for any tips & assistance,
Mariana