Old 08-09-2004, 03:07 AM
Wilson

"Harriett Wright" wrote in message
ink.net...
What I wouldn't give for a stepson like you!

I never heard of a shop vac with a side outlet. Does this mean that I

could
cut a hole in the side of my shop vac and get some gaskety thingies at

Depot or Ace Hardware and a long hose to attach to the hole? Then, after
removing various sticks and twigs deposited in my pond by Frances, I could
plug in my adapted shop vac, run the hose to a flower bed, and suck away.
Would this work? If so it would be a boon when oak leaves, acorns, and

oak
flowers are falling faster than I can scoop them out (at least half the
year).

Harriett

Yes mine came with a bottom/side outlet and it is very handy....I'm guessing
you could cut a quarter size hold in the vac a few inches from the bottom to
accomplish the same thing then buy a rubber stopper to seal it up when you
want.

My stepmom appreciates my help on her pond, she has had some poor health
lately so she has a hard time doing things.....she get's all misty eyed when
I come over and help her I make fun of her when she does that.

Dave