Old 13-09-2004, 11:01 PM
bnd777

"Harry Ziman" hziman at clara dot co dot uk wrote in message
We have an enormous pile of well rotted grass cuttings from this year and
the tear before.

I am digging out an old area to make a new flower bed. The soil will
probably be a bit tired. Is there any merit in adding a layer of the well
rotted grass cuttings before I replace the soil. I know manure would be
better but I don't have any at the moment - I will probably put some on

top
later in the year, but this is too late to backfill the garden.

Thanks

Harry

Simply Dig and mix it well in to the soil it will do it the world of good

........much better than a layer of slime under a layer of soil

If you were making a trench for runner beans your idea would be great though