Old 13-09-2004, 11:26 PM
keith Alexander

If there is not a lot Shred them and use as a mulch
Very good for uses around Hostas, heathers etc, in fact I am sure the slugs
have been deterred by the needles
if you don't have a shredder then run the mower over them first.
I use my Tractor mower for this as I normally would end up spending too long
feeding the shredder

I have probably 300ft of conifer hedges and hundreds of feet of mixed native
hedging I spread the stuff all over the place or stock pile it for use later
on, separated from the normal compost bins

also they are excellent for use over black membrane as garden paths and much
cheaper than bark or gravel, or as an insulating mulch for tender plants
Fuchsias Dahlias etc benefit from a heap (12" plus) on them and then will
not need lifting..

"kenty ;-)" wrote in message
Does anyone have any good uses for conifer hedge clippings?
--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.