Old 14-09-2004, 01:58 AM
Bill Stock

"Ook" wrote in message
I used some generic make your water safe additive - let me see if I can

find
it.....it's a small bottle labeled PRIME. Detoxifies chlorine, chloramine,
nitrates, nitrites. I have no real idea what is inside of it. What is a

good
water treatment to make the water safe?

What are your light levels?

I added some HW to my tank a few weeks ago and it has not done well. The
ends of the plant were turning brown and the needles were falling off the
entire plant. I added some Potassium to the tank (advice here) and it is
doing better, but not thriving. I suspect my light may be too low (1W/gal)
or it is missing some other nutrient. I doubt the Prime is your problem.

Nitrates are not a problem for me, as the GoldFish provide plenty.

"Craig Brye" wrote in message
What did you "treat" the water with? Hornwort is sometimes very picky

about
chemical additives.

--
Craig Brye
University of Phoenix Online

"Ook" wrote in message
I setup a new tank, treated the water, dropped ph to about 7.1 or so,

and
then let it sit for a few days. I put some honrwort in the tank, and

within
24 hours most of the needles had fallen off. Temp is about 76-78. I've

grown
hornwort in a similar tank before, and it grew like crazy. Any ideas

what
caused this bunch to die so quickly?