Old 14-09-2004, 01:59 AM
Cereus-validus

Have you been video taping all your antics trying to save money trying to do
this? You'd be a shoe-in to win the jackpot on America's Funniest Videos!!!
That's providing you don't kill yourself or cause your pregnant wife to have
a miscarriage in the process. This is starting to sound wackier that a
Laurel & Hardy movie!!!!

"Rob" wrote in message news:x2r1d.8241$sX2.1639@trndny09...

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
Rob wrote:
the landlord wanted to send her son to fix it. her son wanted to block
up the opening, disregarding the fact that the bees were coming out
another opening somewhere into the downstairs apartment. thankfully

the
son apparently forgot to "fix" things. we told the landlord we'd call

an
exterminator, but no way she'll pay $175-$250, so screw it, i'll do it
myself. i have the sevin now and the duster. just waiting for dark.
cost about $40 for the two.

$40? It should have only cost a few dollars for the sevin, and 99¢ for

turkey baster. (I usually don't bother with the turkey baster and just
throw a pinch of insecticide powder down the YJ hole with my fingers.)

I killed a huge nest of them that way a couple of years ago. They were
under the neighbor's sidewalk (I don't know how they just appeared there
suddenly) and they were stinging passers-by. The neighbor tried burning
them out with gasoline and was lucky he didn't set himself on fire. It
just ****ed off the YJ's, and *maybe* killed a couple of them. I waited
until almost dark and threw about a teaspoon of methoxychlor dust (a
general purpose farm insecicide sometimes used on cattle) in the crack
where they were going in and out. The next day, there were no more

wasps.

I'm sure the $30-something duster you bought will do a good job too...

Bob

i wasnt getting any closer than i had to, no way i could get up there with

turkey baster (i thought of that) without a ladder. besides, im sending
the bill to the landlord anyway, she's paying for the $35 duster. the way

look at it, i just saved her around $200.