Old 14-09-2004, 03:57 AM
Penelope Periwinkle

On 12 Sep 2004 11:53:22 -0700, (Lost) wrote:

Penelope Periwinkle wrote in message . ..
On 9 Sep 2004 16:39:44 -0700,
(Lost) wrote:

(think 4ft. habenero plant).

I don't have to, I have a garden full of them, some are even
closer to 5 feet. Habaneros are the big rowdys of the garden,
they all get wide and tall. I have Chocolate habs, Caribbean
Reds, and Devil's Tongue this yea; and several other varieties of
_C chinense_ .

Did you say what zone you were in? I'm guessing my season is
longer than yours.

I love
my peppers and I am limited on space, so I figured this would be a
good way to get more.

Or you could plant more prolific varieties of your favorite
peppers. I planted Jalora jalapenos this year, and I've
been very impressed at how early the peppers came in, and how
many peppers/plant I'm getting. I had to put tomato cages around
them because their branches were so heavily laden with peppers I
was afraid they would break.

Now that I have heard a some of experiences, I think I am going to
take whole plants and cuttings. Any other suggestions/hints?

Just be sure to get large enough containers. Since you want large
plants next spring, I wouldn't use less than 5 gallon containers
for the plants. I use those plastic containers that you can get
at Walmart or Lowe's or most any big box store, the plastic
totes that are made to store clothes and stuff. They run
between 3 and 4 dollars and last me several seasons before
the plastic starts to crack. Drill a few holes in the bottom, and
you're good to go.

Penelope

"ElissaAnn"