Old 14-09-2004, 08:44 AM
Hound Dog

"Rob" wrote in message news:Xsh1d.7852$sX2.6348@trndny09...

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
Rob wrote:

yes, yes, i like to learn to do things myself though if it's reasonable
to do so before just picking up a phone and writing a check.

If you really gotta kill 'em, use just about any insecticide dust or
powder (not granules), and toss a goodly pinch in the hole. (best to do
it in the evening) Sevin dust ought to work well, but it's not always a
good choice because it stains.

Bob

thanks, i have no choice, they are chasing me and my pregnant wife
whenever we come in
and out of the house and have already stung the downstairs neighbor. i've
called a bunch
of exterminators and they're all quoting me $175-$250 since the nest isn't
visable (who the
heck would call for a visable nest when Raid is $5 a can). I'll see if I
can find a place with
Sevin dust and give it a shot myself.

Why do you have to come up with all the money and do the work by yourself?
Your down stair neighbor should split the cost and the work with you, or go
in half on the cost of having the work done professionally.

I think the guy that advised you to get a professional exterminator gave you
the right advice. You are about to take on a job that you really are not
qualified to do. Subjecting a pregnant wife to chemicals is also a very dumb
thing to do.

If I were you I would get several bids, call in the cheapest one, have the
work done then submit the bill to your landlord and neighbor.