Old 14-09-2004, 05:33 AM
Bill

Hi Dave:

A fool you are! LOL

I have no problem with you believing in a high fat, low carb diet, I find
the planet overpopulated with fatso's anyway.
The nutrition committee of the American Heart Association has issued a
science advisory warning that high-protein diets have not been proven
effective and pose health risks. The report covered the Atkins, Zone,
Protein Power, Sugar Busters, and Stillman diets. The committee stated:

a.. Such diets may produce short-term weight loss through dehydration.
b.. Weight loss may also occur through caloric restriction resulting from
the fact that the diets are relatively unpalatable.
c.. The high fat content may be harmful to the cardiovascular system in
the long run.
d.. Any improvement in blood cholesterol levels and insulin management
would be due to weight loss, not the change in composition.
e.. A very high-protein diet is especially risky for patients with
diabetes because it can speed the progression of diabetic kidney disease
[8].
http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...opics/lcd.html

Bill

I ate a low carb peanut butter sandwich last year and I immediately died
from clogged arteries, cancer, stroke, heart attack etc., just as you
said. Luckily I had my reincarnation insurance paid up, wasn't it?

You are a very useful guy to have around Bill. Your in-depth knowledge and
incredible insight into scams and human nutrition is something that can
only be admired.

I guess that avocados are poison eh Bill? What with the high fat, low
carbs. Maybe they are Saddam's secret weapons of mass destruction? They
are a sort of drab military green after all. Do you think that someone
should whisper into Bush's ear?

What do you suggest as a good diet Bill?

It is obvious that you personally are thriving amazingly well on BS, but
for those of us with a little more taste and discernment, coupled with a
lack of access to fresh bovine created food sources, what would be a good
thing?

Regards

David