Old 14-09-2004, 12:06 PM
simy1

(Greg Miller) wrote in message om...
I need some suggestions for fall frost protection for my beds. I've
got broccoli and peas (direct seeded 6 weeks ago), and cabbage and
carrots (direct seeded 3 weeks ago). All the plants are still pretty
small (broccoli 8", peas ~12", cabbage and carrots minute).

I'd like to get them all to harvest. How far will I have to take these
into the fall?

I've heard about row covers, except these are beds (around 5' x 3')
and the plants are not in rows.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated,
Greg
USDA Zone 5, Toronto

make a hoophouse over the beds. You need, I think, 1" PVC (I have my
own tunnels, but right now I can't remember the diameter of the
pipes), 2 to 6 mils poly, and something to hold it down. Territorial
has clamps to attach the film to the hoops, and they specify the
diameter. Use the biggest ones.