Old 14-09-2004, 12:56 PM
marengo

Bill, do you realize how hysterically funny your post is?!

Bill wrote:

| a.. Such diets may produce short-term weight loss through
| dehydration.

Geez, I've lost 55 pounds of water so far! LMAO!

b.. Weight loss may also occur through caloric
| restriction resulting from the fact that the diets are relatively
| unpalatable.

Yup, bacon,eggs, cheese, steaks, and vegetables are so much more unpalatable
that dry toast and rice cakes!
*wiping eyes* Stop! My sides hurt too much from laughing!

c.. The high fat content may be harmful to the
| cardiovascular system in the long run.

Heeheeheeheheehee. My total cholesterol dropped from 232 to 187, blood
pressure to 120/70, and tricglycerides from 635 to 217 on Atkins. Which is
supposed to hurt my CV systemmo the lower blood pressure, the low
ercholesterol or the lower triglycerides?? ROFLMAO!

| d.. Any improvement in blood cholesterol levels and insulin
| management would be due to weight loss, not the change in composition.

Um, isn't that the point?

| e.. A very high-protein diet is especially risky for patients with
| diabetes because it can speed the progression of diabetic kidney
| disease [8].

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Good one!
Let's see, I have to take no medication for my T2 diabetes because its';s
controlled completely with my low-carb diet. My blood glucose is
consistently normal. High blood sugars cause kidney disease. Guess you
lose this one too!

| http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...opics/lcd.html

You're the quack. Get educated.

Oh wait. My guess is that you're either PETA or PCRM, both with a vested
interest in not wanting people to eat meat. Bet that doesn't slant your
point of view, does it?

In a way I feel sorry for you, because you are so misinformed and stupid
enough to promote the tired old Lies that no one listens to any more. Maybe
you could switch careers and find some nice snake oil to sell?

|--
Peter
Before/Current Pix:
http://users.thelink.net/marengo/wei...htlosspix.html