Old 14-09-2004, 03:50 PM
Derek Broughton

aktgibbs wrote:

How long can the pond and filter go without power safely? (Four large
goldfish, several lilies, loads of fairy moss)

My pump is an outside the pond type. If it loses power all the water in
the
biofilter (about 60 gallons) will drain back into the pond. There is a

If your _filter_ is 60 gallons, and you only have four (even humungous)
goldfish, I would have to think you don't _need_ any filtration, or even a
bubbler. I'd fasten the lid on the biofilter, and not worry about power.
The most likely problem, besides the actual wind, is that you'll get enough
rain to overflow the pond. And then you could potentially have fish
swimming over the lawn.
--
derek