Old 14-09-2004, 04:51 PM
aktgibbs

The water in the boat was insurance that the boat would not be blown away by
the storm..

Yes, that is what I was wondering about--whether it would be a bad thing for
the water in the filter to drain into the pond.

If I drain it and keep the media moist can I just restart it after the
storm or willl I need to clean it out first?

Pam
"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:15:58 -0500, "aktgibbs"
wrote:

I was about 10 when Camille came through here in 1969. I watched my
uncle
put water into his green fishing boat and thought he had lost his mind. I
never really thought about it again until I read your post. Now I know
what
he was doing!

OK, so what was he doing?

Regarding the pond, lid the filter & pond as you mentioned. Power goes
out,
let the bio-filter drain away, rather than to the pond if possible. Empty
moist bio-filter better than one full of water going anaerobic. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~