Old 14-09-2004, 07:40 PM
Roy

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 08:34:34 -0700, ~ jan JJsPond.us
wrote:

===On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:15:58 -0500, "aktgibbs" wrote:
===
===I was about 10 when Camille came through here in 1969. I watched my uncle
===put water into his green fishing boat and thought he had lost his mind. I
===never really thought about it again until I read your post. Now I know what
===he was doing!
===
===OK, so what was he doing?
===
===Regarding the pond, lid the filter & pond as you mentioned. Power goes out,
===let the bio-filter drain away, rather than to the pond if possible. Empty
===moist bio-filter better than one full of water going anaerobic. ~ jan
===
===
=== ~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Its common practice boat owner in this area that has a trailerable
sized boat if they can't tie it down to ground anchors they fill em up
with water and let em ride it out on the ground. Even those that get
tied down are filled up with water as well, just more added insurance.
If nothing falls on the boat during the storm, its easy to pull the
drainplug and empty it out. I just got done sinking my boat i the
pond. It has no motor, just an aluminum flat bottom John boat, so all
I did was pull the plug tie it to the pier and let it sink. Not a
problem to pull back up and drain after its all over........but I have
a sneaky feeling that boat is gonna be a low priority after this thing
is over.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.