Old 14-09-2004, 08:33 PM
Ralph

A couple of questions.

What part of the country are you in? Do you get a lot of snow, ice
and cold weather?

What are your pond dimensions?

I live in the central US and I have found that ice and snow will build
up anywhere it can. Keeping the cover from touching the water really
helps to keep the water from freezing. If you ahve a large area you
might want to add more support that is evenly spaced out. My
dimensions are 12 by 20 and I used 1 inch PVC and just set the
structure on the bottom of hte pond then covered it with plastic. I
glued the fittings with silicone so I could take it apart for storage
in the spring. I used a few rocks to secure it but I think I will use
a 1 inch PVC frame and mount it with tent spikes.

Post those details and I will see if I can make a quick drawing.

REB

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:12:50 -0400, "Benign Vanilla"
wrote:

I am thinking of covering the pomd this year to keep the debris/fallout
down. I have pine trees behind the pond, so I do not have ready access to
the back of the pond. I am thinking of an off zxis cover with a long side,
and short side to aid in implemetation. I have a doodle of the idea here,
http://www.iheartmypond.com/links/ideas/pondcover.jpg.

I figured I'd pound some rebar into the ground, slide the PVC over the bar
and then cover in plastic or landscaping cloth.

Any thoughts?

BV.