Old 05-02-2003, 10:10 PM
Simon Avery

Default pond de-icer

(Mosfunland) wrote:

Hello Mosfunland

M Hi all, I have that situation now. My bubbler setup
M developed a leak, the blue tubing tore, and the pond froze
M solid. I can see the dead fish below the ice. I spent
M yesterday drilling holes in the ice trying to get another
M bubbler down there, but I couldn't get a hole big enough,
M even tried making several close to each other and grozed it
M bigger. My arms and shoulders were so darn sore. I'll try
M again today. Frustrating, especially since I think the
M entire pond is dead.

What about the old boiling water trick? Or is the ice too thick for
that to work?

--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK Ý
http://www.digdilem.org/