Old 15-09-2004, 12:16 AM

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 20:38:22 GMT, "Rob" wrote:

somewhere under the eaves of my house on the first floor is a nest. the
yellow jackets swarm all over the area and are starting to chase me and my
wife when we come in and out of the house (its a duplex, we're on the second
floor). they are also starting to get into the neighbors house on the first
floor. i cant see the nest, ive sprayed a couple of cans of raid into the
hole in the wood they are flying in and out of, but no luck. i cant plug up
the hole or they'll all just use the exit into our neighbors house. what do
i need to kill them? thanks!

Just stick a broomstick in there and swirl it all around.

Sorry, I couldn't resist

A couple of years ago I was walking past one of my shrubs, right next
to the sidewalk leading to the back of my house, when I saw a bees
nest inside it larger then my head. Shows how observant I am since I
walk by there all the time and I didn't notice it till it got that
big. It was weird. The hairs on the back of my neck raised up seeing
a bees nest that large, though I'm not normally bothered by flying
stinging critters.

I decided to leave it alone till the middle of winter, when during a
freezing cold day, I went out and whacked it good with a stick and
tossed the remnants into some faraway shrubs. I half expected to see
cold, sleepy, but angry bees shake themselves awake and come after me.

Course that won't help you with your hole. I'd either toss a bug bomb
of some sorts in there, or get a pro, leaning towards the later.

Swyck