Old 15-09-2004, 01:28 AM
RichToyBox

BV,

This lean-to type structure is what I use, made of 14 foot long 2X4's. It
is strong, reusable, drains the snow and rain, and easily covered with poly.
The 2nd design has me somewhat worried. If the weight of snow builds up the
weight pushing down on the 4 inch pipe, might be sufficient to push it right
out the bottom of the pond. A similar design could be used where the pipe
is mounted to a concrete paver step of 12 or 18 inch diameter and set on the
bottom, distributing the load across a large area of liner.
--
RichToyBox
http://www.geocities.com/richtoybox/index.html

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message
I am thinking of covering the pomd this year to keep the debris/fallout
down. I have pine trees behind the pond, so I do not have ready access to
the back of the pond. I am thinking of an off zxis cover with a long side,
and short side to aid in implemetation. I have a doodle of the idea here,
http://www.iheartmypond.com/links/ideas/pondcover.jpg.

I figured I'd pound some rebar into the ground, slide the PVC over the bar
and then cover in plastic or landscaping cloth.

Any thoughts?

BV.