Old 15-09-2004, 10:24 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Andy Hunt
writes

The stove I've bought is a Morso "Dove Cleanheat 1630", which I've just
today discovered is oversized for my terraced cottage. The bloke who's
installing it has suggested that I put an extra radiator in my loft to get
rid of some of the heat! What I'll probably do is line the firebox with
bricks to make it smaller. But hopefully I won't be cold this winter!

Thanks for the concern, though!

Take care,

Andy
http://greencottage.burysolarclub.net

We've got a Hunter stove, it can take 15 inch lengths of timber and burn
coal as well. Very dry wood, I.e... Carpenters offcuts makes us go from
the sublime to the blinking hot and we have to open the patio doors to
let the the out as it burns hot and very fast

Use cola every now and then because coal burns hotter and gets rid of a
lot of tar etc on the glass doors. I was told this by the chimney sweep.
We have the chimney swept at least once a year as we don't let the fire
out, (it ticks over overnight and we burn stuff which might not be
absolutely pristine firewood. E.g. five bar gates and so on. Goodness
only knows what the Barracloughs burn given their propensity for
discovering stuff in skips )

Could never be without the stove, it's wonderful and soothes the fire
bug in me as you can keep adjusting it or put rubbish on it. It's alive
and a boring regular never changing gas or electric thing would never
suffice!
The dogs usually take most of the worst heat away if too hot as you have
to climb over them sometimes to get to the doors

Can make the rooms more dirty though, you find more dust on the top of
picture rails and curtain tracks if you ever feel obliged to look .

janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph