Old 15-09-2004, 11:27 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Ignoramus13229 said:

In article , Pat Kiewicz wrote:

Side comment #2:

I have kind of a problem with the whole low-carb thing. Limiting
high-glycemic foods is sensible. Avoiding highly processed foods is
sensible. Eating a lot of meat from grain-fed, confined animals and
the wrong sorts of fats isn't. Someone close to me went on the
original Atkins diet. He developed kidney stones and ended up not
so much later with inoperable cancer. Soured me on the concept.

Scary stuff! My only question about this inoperable cancer, it usually
takes years for cancer to appear and develop. Are you sure that he did
not have cancer before?

Cutting out most fruits and many vegetables (which he did) because they
contained cabohydrates -- foods that are loaded with beneficial phytochemicals --
foods that are associated with lower rates of cancer -- and eating loads of
supermarket beef certainly didn't help.

(attributed to Don Marti)