Old 15-09-2004, 12:33 PM
Derek Broughton

bk wrote:

Any advice on how often or how much to feed African Cichlids?
Have about 15 in a 1200 gallon pond.

It would help to know what sort/size of Cichlid we're talking about. I used
to have about 300 mbuna in a 200 gallon tank. That required quite a lot of
food. If yours were the same size, I'd say they're not going to need
feeding at all in an outdoor 1200 gallon pond. otoh, if you have 15
tilapia, they're going to need to be fed. The usual feeding rules still
apply - only what they'll eat in (at most) 5 minutes.

on the third hand, unless you're in the deep south, African cichlids aren't
likely to be feeding at all pretty soon.
--
derek