Old 15-09-2004, 04:45 PM
simy1

(Pat Kiewicz) wrote in message ...

actually, free-ranging cattle (organic) has substantial amounts of
omega-3. and is of course leaner (and tougher). evidently stress, and
grains, play a role in how a beast puts up its fat.

Limited availability...and very pricey. But definitely better fat profile.

I don't know about that. We eat meat about twice a week, and we
probably spend $20-25 for the whole family. And we don't do things
really cheap: we have, besides the standard meats, lamb, buffalo,
ostrich, all sorts of things. Organic meat is about 60-80% more. We
definitely spend $40 or more for fruits, except in the fall when one
can buy locally.