Old 15-09-2004, 10:31 PM
so238

Dances With Ferrets wrote:
Uh.... "ME TOO"

Seriously though, I'm currently using the exact same bulbs on some of
my smaller tanks and they are working out splendidly... they seem to
show up the fishes' colors nicely and the plants have never been
happier.

They should be fine, but I'm not certain what type of screw-in
fluorescent you're talking about. If it's the kind that you can fit into
a socket meant for incadescent bulbs, then it's noticeably less energy
efficient than normal fluorescents.
I know of compact fluorescents that look like a double-barrel shotgun,
have used them before OK but never knew you get screw-on types.

Sebastien