Old 15-09-2004, 06:17 PM
Nedra

The parrots feather stays alive year 'round in the lotus garden. I never
do anything to that
12' pond - just wait for the lotuses, etc to start growing again. I do
think I have
a microclimate in the ponds area - approximately 40' x 15'. It's on the
north side of the
house so who knows?
..... zone maps show my area as zone 6, but I
grow so many zone 7 and up plants there.

Nedra
Lotus Garden:
www.community.webshots.com/user/nedra118

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
Ka30P wrote:

The whole frog bog (ten-ish inches deep) froze solid last year and was
covered with snow, everything came back - penneywort, lilies, lizard's
tail, horsetail, forget-me-not, cattails, rushes, parrot's feather.
Parrot's feather is usually the last to show up here in zone 7.

I tried every way I could think of to keep the parrot feather in zone 6,

and
nothing ever worked. I'm sooooo jealous.
--
derek