Old 15-09-2004, 06:42 PM
Newbie Bill

It sounds to me like a typical 'negotiation'. If they are common koi I
would be prepared for a shock. Several ranges have been noted for retail.
However you may well not even get half of that and it may be in store
credit. This may not be typical, but in our local pond bulletin board I
have seen them offered for free 'to a good home' and they were hard to
place. Like many hobbies, the retail and what an individual seller can get
are often markedly different. Good Luck!
Bill Brister

"ppdavid" wrote in message
I need to thin out the fish in my pond. A local pond store said he would
buy the koi but we have not discussed prices yet. The fish are in the
18-22" range and healthy. What is a reasonable value for fish of this

size?
Paul D