Old 15-09-2004, 09:25 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Pam Moore contains these words:

Some of you may remember that earlier in the year I asked a question
about a clematis in a friend's garden that you decided was a viticella
species; small blue bells on quite a prolific climber. My "must have"
plant.
I tried cuttings, and to my shame, none took. I should have kept some
indoors. Is it too late to do cuttings again now?
However, the plant is covered in what appear to be seed pods.
All clematis seeds I have ever seen have fluffy tails. These are
clusters of little things that break up into what look like pale green
lentils! Are they seeds? Will they be viable? I've never seen their
like before.

I've planted some of the seeds from my clematis and none germinated.
OTOH, every cutting did.

In the spring I cut a number of complete nodes with half a node either
side, and buried them (horizontally) about an inch deep in soil, and
kept them well watered.

I'd wait until all the leaves have dropped (assuming that variety is
deciduous) then do what I did.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/