Old 16-09-2004, 03:41 AM
Roy

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 01:54:08 -0000, (Bill Oliver)
wrote:

===
===I recently (3 days ago) planted about 20 small (1-2gal) trees I
===ordered by mail. Most have managed OK, but a few are dying
===back a little. I think I could baby all but one or two back
===before winter sets in.
===
===However, hurricane Ivan is supposed to move over us in a
===day or so. It will be nothing like what's happening on the
===coast, but we are predicted to get 12 inches of rain and
===80 mph gusts.
===
===Any bright ideas out there on protecting my little saplings?
===
===billo

Hard to belive with all the projected pathgs maps out there you just
now find out Ivan is gonna head your way....As big a Ivan is and a
much info thats out thjere it should have been pretty obvious the
general direction Ivan was heading. Odds are your saplings will be
just fine as long as nothing fall on them. Then again even if you
knew Ivan was heading your way I still would havbe planted the trees
and got them out of the way......they are small and close to the
ground and no mass to them so they shold make it fine with winds, and
the rain is not gonna hurt them. If they do happen to get bent over
they will straighten back up in a short time when it all blows over.
Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.