Old 16-09-2004, 04:27 AM
S. M. Henning

(Bill Oliver) wrote:

However, hurricane Ivan is supposed to move over us in a
day or so. It will be nothing like what's happening on the
coast, but we are predicted to get 12 inches of rain and
80 mph gusts.

Any bright ideas out there on protecting my little saplings?

We had a tornado go through forests and Christmas tree farms. All full
size trees were broken in half like match sticks. Christmas trees and
other seedlings were not damaged except by debris. I would recommend
placing a river rock mulch around the seedlings to keep the rain from
washing the dirt off the roots and the wind from pulling them out of the
ground, but the tops should make it. They are very flexible.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to

http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman