Old 14-09-2004, 01:06 AM
Holy Zarquon's Singing Fish

"Dave" writes:

"Holy Zarquon's Singing Fish" wrote in
message ...

I've always had good luck with cutting the clover short then
spreading ammonium sulphate just before light rain.

Hi Holy.

I tried ammonium sulfate on one section of the lawn (though I did not cut
the clover first - its pretty much at ground level so I don't think the
mower would do anything to it anyway).. and guess what - the clover
absolutely loved it! Its never been greener!

Maybe it's to do with you having sandy soil, and me having clayey
soil. We don't have a shortage of nitrogen in the first place, so
the extra nitrogen is probably too much for my clover but just right
for yours.