Old 16-09-2004, 07:09 AM
Nicolas Steenhout

Default [IBC] Bonsai Roses

On 16/09/2004 15:39:13, wrote:
Has anyone bonsai'ed a rose bush? My new house has an empty lot next to it

that will be cleared of a bunch of roses, and I am wondering if I could
cultivate from them (possibly by air layering them just to get the
bonsai-esque parts of the top?

Would they generate tiny flowers or regular ones?

If you have a micro mini, then you'd have tiny flowers. Whiel leaves may
reduce in lots of plants, flowers (and fruits) tend not to.

Bonsai roses can sometimes work, but a rose is a bush, not really a tree,
and it is hard to train then as such.

Would definitely not give you the "typical" (in as much as there is such a
thing) bonsai look.

Nic

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --