Old 16-09-2004, 11:32 AM
Pat Kiewicz

simy1 said:

(Pat Kiewicz) wrote in message

news:nu6dnUmFaOi4hNXcRVn-vQ@comc
ast.com...

actually, free-ranging cattle (organic) has substantial amounts of
omega-3. and is of course leaner (and tougher). evidently stress, and
grains, play a role in how a beast puts up its fat.

Limited availability...and very pricey. But definitely better fat profile.

I don't know about that. We eat meat about twice a week, and we
probably spend $20-25 for the whole family. And we don't do things
really cheap: we have, besides the standard meats, lamb, buffalo,
ostrich, all sorts of things. Organic meat is about 60-80% more. We
definitely spend $40 or more for fruits, except in the fall when one
can buy locally.

We mostly stick to chicken (Amish) and fish.

Couldn't 'sell' the ostrich and buffalo to the others in this house.

(attributed to Don Marti)